Whitney reaches her final resting place

Wow,
I am not sure where to start. The services on Saturday for Whitney Houston were truly amazing. I am so glad that Ms. Cissy Houston stood her ground and gave her daughter the send off that she felt that she deserved.

Some will say that the family tried too hard to convince us of Whitney's faith. I say that we, the people, did not give them a choice. We, the people, began to say all manner of things against Whitney. We, the people, felt like we could say anything about Whitney and it was ok.

Well, the family had the last word on this one. They decided that we, the people, would not get to define Whitney in her death. Ms. Cissy Houston took the world to church on Saturday with some of the best singing and preaching. So many people witnessed something that they had never seen before and will probably never see again.

Some people even questioned the list of singers and speakers that were there. Holding R. Kelly hostage to his past and Tyler Perry to his character Madea. Some said that Stevie did not sound good. Stevie has been singing at funerals and memorials for the last month; first Etta James, then Don Cornelius and then Whitney. I am also sure that Stevie is beginning to look at his own immortality.

On Sunday, the family took the final leg of this journey. They laid Whitney to rest next to her father.

Of course this journey ended too soon. Whitney left us way too soon. I pray that Bobbi Kristina finds the strength she needs to make it through this difficult time. I pray that God surrounds her with angels to keep her safe from herself and from others.

I pray that we all find the strength to come to terms with our past and to let it go.

I love you Whitney and I will miss you. Your music was the soundtrack to my life. I wonder who will guide me through the rest of my life in song...

Jema

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...