Joan Rivers Makes Tasteless Joke About Whitney Houston In New Book

Did Joan Rivers go to far?  She has made a career out of talking about people and coming close to the edge on many of her comments.  However, in here new book,  "I Hate Everyone...Starting With Me," she may have finally fallen off a cliff.

The Village Voice was the first to notice a shocking passage that takes a cruel swing at the late Whitney Houston. In the travel section of her new book, the 78-year-old co-host of the E! network's "Fashion Police" writes: "I hate Houston. It's crawling with bugs. Oh, wait, that's Whitney Houston; I'm sorry, my bad. When E! aired a poorly timed episode of "Fashion Police" that knocked Houston the day before her death, the network later pulled the episode out of respect for the late singer. Days later Rivers told reporters while backstage at the Badgley Mischka runway show that she had no regrets about making fun of Houston.
“When she’s alive, she’s fair game. It’s part of being a celebrity,” Rivers told Women's Wear Daily. “Am I sorry she died? Of course I am, for God’s sake. But when she was alive we would talk about her just as we would talk about Anna Wintour or Angelina Jolie. If Angelina Jolie died tomorrow, I would still say she was anorexic.”

Read more

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...