Bishop Eddie Long Addresses His Congregation

I hope his church can move on. I hope this does not come up for him again in the future. I hope everyone involved gets some help for the emotional trauma. I believe in God, but I also believe in therapy. The young men that filed the suit as well as Long's entire family and church members. This is a serious issue and I hope they realize that recovery is a marathon and not a sprint.

Congregants at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church welcomed Long with applause and cheers when he took the stage at the 8 a.m. service Sunday. Just two days prior, the lawsuits brought by four young men alleging Long of coercing them into sexual relationships were officially dismissed “with prejudice” Friday.

Lawyers for both sides have given no details on the settlement other than to confirm that the lawsuits have been resolved.

Bishop Eddie Long Resolves Case Out Of Court!

Long did not address the allegations or the settlement during his address Sunday but his congregation did sing a praise song on “moving forward.”

Bishop’s Long’s Sermon began as follows:

“Good morning New Birth. And good morning to all our other guests. And I would be remiss not to say good morning to the world. You all may be seated in the presence of the Lord. I do want to remind folk that we’re here at 8 every Sunday morning. Every Sunday morning. And I’ll be here next week.

Read more at source

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...