Who is the Baby On Notorious B.I.G.'s 'Ready To Die' album cover?

If you don't know, now you know: The chubby baby that graces the cover of The Notorious B.I.G's debut album 'Ready to Die' is Bronx teen Keithroy Yearwood.

Many B.I.G. fans have speculated for years about the baby's identity. But now Yearwood, 18, can rightfully claim that it's his puffy cheeks and thick 'fro in one of hip-hop's most famous baby pictures.

"Every time people find out they ask me if I got a lot of money out of it," he said. 'Ready to Die,' which was released in 1994, has sold 3.3 million copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan. But the little model and his family have not reaped much fame or fortune from the disc's multiplatinum sales. Yearwood earned only $150 for the two-hour photo shoot that showed off his big hair, personality and diaper.

Yearwood's mom Delcenia Burns, 43, mentioned that it was hard at times to get her son modeling jobs because of his full head of hair. In fact, some agencies wanted to pose him as a girl. But for this shoot, having long hair worked in his favor.

Even Sean 'P. Diddy' Combs claimed he didn't know much about the baby model when Combs was asked few months ago. The hip-hop mogul told RapRadar.com last September that "that's a baby we just found, you know what I'm saying? We did a casting for somebody who looked like Big. That's how he was found," he said.


Yearwood found out when he was eight years old that it was him on the now iconic album cover and insists "he doesn't discuss the album much because most people don't believe him." But he's a B.I.G. fan and his favorite songs are 'Juicy' and 'Big Poppa.' "It's an honor to be on this album," he said.

"I still, to this day, don't know why that they picked me. I still think it's the Afro," he added.






source

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...