5-Year-Old Cuffed and Charged With Assault

This was completely unnecessary. I have a 5 year old son and I would be devastated if I found out he was handcuffed by the police for any reason. I would like to know if they informed the parents that calling the police was their next step. It seems to me that the adults in this situation acted prematurely. The police officer was in no immediate danger, so why respond to this kid this way. I would guess that this kid will be affected by this for years to come. I hope now he can get the help he really needs to manage his behavior.

Michael Davis is a hyperactive 5-year-old diagnosed with ADHD who frequently gets into fights at school. His mother calls him an "energetic, loving, good kid" who is misunderstood by school administrators at Rio Calaveras Elementary of Stockton, California. They disagree, frequently complaining to his divorced parents that he is a discipline problem. When the school didn't see any improvement, they took matters in their own hands, and invited a police officer to the school to scare Michael straight.

According to a police report filed after the incident, the officer, Lt. Frank Gordo (pictured, upper-right), says he placed his hand on Michael's and then "the boy pushed my hand away in a batting motion, pushed papers off the table, and kicked me in the right knee."

Read more at source

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...