What do you think about Juanita Bynum situation?


I am not really sure how useful this was for me to know this about Juanita, but it was really hard for me to digest it.  I had mixed emotions and suddenly didn't see her the same.  I went back to the incident in Atlanta.. and of course wondered what, if anything, was going on then.

Does this somehow change your perspective?  Or, does this make you more connected to her?  Is this a ploy to sell books? Or is this something that sets here free?  Let me know what you think.

Gospel singer and televangelist Juanita Bynum recently appeared on Atlanta radio station V-103, opening up about past drug use as well as having had relationships with women, the Huffington Post reports.

But when it came to the disclosure about her sexuality, this was no Frank Ocean moment. Rather, the former Trinity Broadcasting Network anchor seemed to put these experiences in the same category as substance abuse and other "issues and struggles." We're especially not sure what she meant by the comment, "That abuse that I suffered was because I attracted after my own kind." In any case, there's a big difference between forgiving oneself for the past and actually embracing it, and Bynum is quite clearly doing the former:

Read more

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...