Embattled TSA takes one hit after another

I must admit, some TSA agents can be a little extreme.  It is as if they know that they hold the power to you making your flight.  I remember one time they wanted me take the bobby pins out of my hair. I simply said there has to be a better way.  This hairstyle cost me a lot of money. So we went to the side and the agent ran her fingers through my hair.  I also remember a time where I was 'searched'. Because I work in corrections, I thought I was prepared.  I will say this, I reminded my staff to treat people with dignity and respect when they have to search them.

TSA’s got a groping problem — physically and philosophically.

In the past year, a former Miss America, a wrinkled Texas congressman and an angel-faced 4-year-old have accused Transportation Security Administration agents of harassing them.

As if that wasn’t enough, the agency’s damaged brand took another hit last week when federal officials arrested two former and two current TSA screeners for allegedly sneaking drugs through the Los Angeles International Airport.

It’s no wonder the most harrowing part of the journey is the line to the plane.

These latest troubles reveal the lingering uncertainty about TSA’s role and how to keep the country safe without violating the public’s privates.

“I’m beginning to think this is a cultural issue because we’re seeing the misconduct across the country,” Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) said. “Every member of Congress is hearing from people in their districts who have been offended by some of the TSA practices.”

Read more at source

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...