Denzel Washington in 'Safe House': Why it's good when he's bad

I cannot wait to see this movie. I am a huge fan of Denzel Washington. I remember watching him on St. Elsewhere. My husband and I were suppose to go on Friday, but we could not squeeze it in. I hope I don't end up going without him, but you never know. I cannot think of one Denzel movie that I have not liked, even the ones that may not have been blockbuster hits, he always delivers. I hope this does not disappoint. He even made Frank Lucas a likable person in American Gangster. So hold on for a ride!!!

For about two decades now, Denzel Washington has been one of the most charismatic and popular A-list superstars in movies. He's been that rare movie star unblemished by scandal and broadly respected by filmmakers and audiences. For the most part, he has played a prototypical hero but lately, like in his new film Safe House for instance, he's taken on edgier, darker -- even villainous roles, and as a fan, I think it's a great thing.

We've become so accustomed to Denzel as a movie star that audiences sometimes take for granted just how incredible and groundbreaking his career has been. After a series of strong supporting turns in the 1980s, which eventually led to leading-man parts in the 1990s, Washington became the first bankable, black dramatic actor since Sidney Poitier. His success helped usher in a new generation of black male movies stars. Men like Morgan Freeman, Wesley Snipes, Will Smith and Samuel L. Jackson all owe a debt to Denzel.

Read more at source

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...