Who are these people in DC?

Could these two be further apart?
                                                                                                       
Hopefully, by the time you read this the House GOP would have voted for the payroll tax extension and the unemployment benefits extension. But, just in case they haven't, I wanted to get a few things off of my chest.

Who is in charge in DC? I thought 'we the people' had some say in how Congress did its job. Weren't we here last year with the President and Boehner going at it? Isn't this how we got the Bush tax cuts extensions? Waiting until the 9th hour and then cutting a deal that really doesn't solve the problem?

This is ridiculous and downright shameful that the people we elected to represent us are not representing us at all. In the mid term elections, the GOP ran on job creation. They claimed the Bush tax cuts extension would help businesses to start hiring. My question has always been: if the Bush tax cuts were working all that great, would we had lost so many jobs in the beginning?

Here we are a year after the mid terms and we are no better off. Congress is still refusing to do their job. It appears as if they are not willing to work with the President. It appears as if they are more willing to play political games than they are to take care of the people. Millions of people will be affected, impacted by Congress' inaction. In my opinion, this is completely unacceptable.

As I stated earlier, I hope by the time you read this, a real solution will be reached. Unfortunately, I don't have that much faith in Congress. I guess we will have to wait to see.

Stay tuned

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...