Another GOP Debate!!!!

OK, so I suffered through the first hour of the GOP debate. For the second hour, I would listen to see how my husband was responding in the other room to decide if I needed to turn back. Needless to say, I did not hear a lot from him.

I will be glad when the nominee is determined so the President can respond to some of these insane charges. I will also be glad when the moderators will appear to be more independent. The moderators have been horrible at asking follow up questions of the candidates or even challenging an answer when they know it is wrong.

The pundits will say that Bachmann may have moved up a notch. That Ron Paul held steady and is a threat to upset in Iowa. That Newt showed some of his 'hot' temperament when pressed too hard. That Mitt missed an opportunity to really stick it to Newt. That Huntsman sometimes came off as whiny and Santorium, well he just took too long to answer.

Actually, this is exactly what I am saying.

I did not learn anything new tonight. They all spent a lot of time trying to 'out extreme' the other. I am really concerned about any of the candidates getting the nomination. The one that talks with the most sense is Huntsman, but I don't trust him.

So, this was the last debate before the Iowa caucus. Did this debate change any minds? Did this debate help the people to narrow down their picks? I am not sure, but this is going to be fun to watch.

What do you think?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...