Wanda Sykes Reveals Breast Cancer, Double Mastectomy

I am glad that she is ok with her decision. The decision to have a breast reduction is hard enough to make by itself. People don't understand how difficult it can be to carry that much weight around on a daily basis. At least she can find some joy in all of this.

As Breast Cancer Awareness Month approaches, some public figures are speaking out in an effort to help bring attention to the disease. For comedienne Wanda Sykes, it's also a time to reflect back on her own bout with breast cancer, which resulted in her having a double mastectomy.

The Emmy Award-winner revealed the news during an interview on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show scheduled to air on Monday. Sykes told DeGeneres that the discovery came after a recent breast reduction surgery. "I had breast cancer. Yeah, I know it's scary,” she said. "This was in February. I went for the reduction. I had real big boobs and I just got tired of knocking over stuff. Every time I eat ... Oh lord. I'd carry a Tide stick everywhere I go. My back was sore so it was time to have a reduction."

Read more at source

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...