Troy Davis, Convicted In 1989 Murder Of Policeman, Is Executed

I cannot begin to discuss my feelings on this night. I am angry, sad, scared, fearful and ... I pray for all involved. I especially pray for both families. Death is one of the things in this life that is final... I pray that all those Judges that refused to act can live with themselves in the morning.

Despite a last-ditch appeal to the United States Supreme Court and calls for clemency from dignitaries like Jimmy Carter and Pope Benedict XVI, Troy Davis was executed in Georgia today.

It was a dramatic night, which saw the scheduled execution delayed for more than four hours, while the Supreme Court weighed Davis' request. In the end, the Supreme Court released a terse one-sentence statement denying Davis' request and a bit after 11 p.m., Davis was injected with a lethal cocktail of drugs and 11:08 p.m., he was pronounced dead.

Read more at source

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...