‘The Help’ edged out at box office by ‘Planet of the Apes’

I plan on seeing both of these movies. I am avid Planet of the Apes fan. Any time it is playing on TV, I watch it as if I have never seen it before. I would like to read the book before I go see 'The Help'. I have a birthday coming up, so maybe I will catch it soon.

All the buzz and controversy surrounding the movie “The Help” was not enough to make it the No. 1 film in the country.

That honor went to “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” for a second straight week; the movie earned $27.5 million over the weekend. The adaptation of Kathryn Stockett’s novel came in second with an estimated $25.5 million.

Is that a strong showing for “The Help”? Did only women show up to see the movie? And how did both Aziz Ansari and “Glee” fare at the box office this weekend? The details after the jump.

Read more at source

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...