Tracy Morgan Apologizes for Homophobic Rant

I wonder what took the guy so long to put this out on facebook if he was so upset. This happened a week ago. Not that it matters when it happened, Tracy should know better. At least he apologized as soon as it was publicized and did not try to 'laugh' it away.

No last laugh this time for Tracy Morgan.

After accusations that he delivered a homophobic rant at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium that even caused the venue's owners to distance themselves from what was said to an audience there last Friday, the 30 Rock actor, who plays the oafish Tracy Jordan on the NBC sitcom, has issued the following statement:

"I want to apologize to my fans and the gay & lesbian community for my choice of words at my recent stand-up act in Nashville. I'm not a hateful person and don't condone any kind of violence against others," said Morgan, 42, reports EW.com.

"While I am an equal opportunity jokester, and my friends know what is in my heart, even in a comedy club this clearly went too far and was not funny in any context."

After Morgan's performance in Nashville, an audience member named Kevin Rogers posted an essay on his Facebook page, titled, "Why I No Longer 'Like' Tracy Morgan." (Warning: the essay contains strong language to describe what Rogers writes was said onstage by Morgan.)

Read more at source

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...