Rod Blagojevich guilty on 17 counts

I am not surprised that he was found guilty. I was surprised that he was found guilty on so many counts. I am sure he will appeal, but he knows he is guilty of something. Oh well, another one bites the dust.

Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was found guilty Monday on 17 corruption-related charges, including some related to his attempt to sell an appointment to President Barack Obama’s open Senate seat.

“I, frankly, am stunned,” Blagojevich said in uncharacteristically brief comments to reporters outside the courtroom as his grim-faced wife stood beside him.

Among the many lessons that I’ve learned from this whole experience is to try to speak a little bit less, so I’m going to keep my remarks kind of short,” he said. “Patti and I are very disappointed in the outcome.”

The disgraced former Democratic governor added, “There’s not much left to say except we want to get home to our little girls and talk to them, and explain things to them and then try to sort things out, and I’m sure well be seeing you guys again.”

A jury found Blagojevich, 54, guilty of felony charges of wire fraud, attempted extortion, bribery and conspiracy. He was found not guilty on one count related to the attempted extortion of Rahm Emanuel, Obama’s former chief of staff and Chicago’s mayor since May. The jury could not come to an agreement on two charges.

Read more at source

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...