Anthony Weiner: I need help

So it is official, Anthony Weiner has decided or admitted that he has a problem. He is taking a leave of absence from Congress so he can go into treatment. Will he go to the same type of treatment facility that Tiger Woods went to? Exactly what type of therapy is given to a person that likes living a very risky lifestyle by taking pictures of himself and sending it to strangers?  This is strange, weird, crazy and sad all in one.

In my opinion, this is a very personal issue. Although I understand why the Democratic leadership has called for his resignation, where was all of this outrage with John Ensign a few months ago? Then, the over zealous media, accused him of inappropriateness with a minor before having all of the facts. The police has investigated and deemed nothing to have been criminal.

My issue with Weiner is that he lied about the original infraction. I could have accepted the lie had he not gone on a media blitz. It was the looking straight in the face of the different tv hosts, some I like and some I don't, and repeating the lie. Had he kept with the first lie of the hacker through the weekend and then on Monday came clean, I don't think we would still be talking about this. But he kept lying about everything.

As I stated previously, I believed his press conference. I don't think he is apologizing because he got caught, like so many other politicians do. I believe he is really sincere.

I hope he can get the help he needs to make it through this very trying time. There has to be some thing bigger than him that has caused him to jeapordize his family, career and integrity. I hope the media leaves him alone so he can get the help he needs to move on with his family.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...