4 Scents To Change Your Senses

I am definitely going to try this. If something can help me from eating some chips and cookies, is worth a try for me. I am sure it is not as easy as it seems, but I am still going to try it out. If for no other reason, it may give me a boost in my weight loss goal. It definitely can not hurt.

A fragrance you love can help manage cravings, according Alan Hirsch, MD, founder of the Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago. In one study, Hirsch gave overweight people banana, green apple, and peppermint to sniff when they felt a craving; they lost more weight than “non-sniffers”.

1- To Calm Down: Sniff: Orange or Lavender

2- To Learn Something New Sniff: Rosemary

3- To Fight Pain : Sniff: Lavender or Peppermint

4- To Feel Younger : Sniff: Pink Grapefruit

We have millions of smell receptors in our noses. When they detect a scent, they shoot the information to the olfactory bulba pea-size cluster in the brain, which sorts the signals and relays them to the limbic system. This primitive part of the brain governs many memories and emotions; some of our most basic behaviors feeding, fighting, or fleeing. Because of their close proximity, the neurological controls for these behaviors often become entangled.

Source

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...