Jerry Seinfeld Snubs Donald Trump

It appears as if 'the Donald' is not polling well with everyone. I am sure this is just the beginning. I understand that several other people have cancelled appearances with him as well. Let's see how deep this will cut.

After hearing Donald Trump’s take on the birther issue, comedian Jerry Seinfeld has canceled a Sept. 13 appearance at an event for the Eric Trump Foundation benefiting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.  The New York Post reported on Thursday that Donald Trump is fuming over the snub.


Trump reportedly penned Seinfeld a letter expressing his anger, writing, "I just learned you canceled a show for my son's charity…because of the fact that I am being very aggressive with respect to President Obama, who is doing an absolutely terrible job as our leader."  The Donald did not mince words, adding that he regretted not canceling an appearance on NBC’s "The Marriage Ref,” which is produced by Seinfeld. “Despite its poor ratings, I didn't cancel on you like you canceled on my son and St. Jude. I only wish I did,” wrote Trump.


According to the Post, a rep for Seinfeld said, "Jerry … feels this kind of demagoguery has no place in public discourse … He has respectfully withdrawn from the event and is making a contribution both to the Eric Trump Foundation and to [St. Jude]."  Poison frontman and “Rock of Love” star Bret Michaels will be taking over for Seinfeld.

Source:  Politico, by Karin Tanabe

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...