Going back to Cali... NOPE, I don't think so!


The LA Times contends that more people are moving out of the California than are moving in; the proportion of "The Sunshine State" who had moved there from out of state reached a 100-year low of about 20% in 2010.

Wow... I guess the cost of living has finally taken its toll and during these tough economic times, I guess people are starting to say goodbye. Here is what Gale Holland and Sam Quinones of the Los Angeles Times had to say.  "For a clue to why California is losing its allure as a place to settle down, just ask Jennifer McCluer, who moved out of California in 2007 after she obtained her license in skin care.

Unable to afford Orange County's sky-high rents, she opted for Portland, Ore. "A big motivator was that I lived with roommate after roommate after roommate," said McCluer, 30. "Friends said you could probably live on your own up here. The rent was a huge deal for me."  McCluer would like to move back, but it's still too expensive. "It's really difficult," McCluer said. "I've given myself 11/2 to two years to save money."

What are the implications here... well for starters, it could mean an influx of people coming to your neck of the woods... and now what?

Details

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...