President Barack Obama talks of fatherhood

In my opinion, the President is an excellent example of being a good father.  He has the toughest job in the world, but yet, he makes time to be a coach for his daughter's basketball team.  I believe it is his ability to balance fatherhood that makes him a great President. He shows us patience and restraint everyday when dealing with Congress and us the voters. So Happy Father's Day to you Mr. President and to my husband who exhibits some of those very same qualities.

In his weekly address to the nation, President Barack Obama wished families across the country a Happy Father’s Day and reflected on his own role as a father, calling it “my hardest, but always my most rewarding job.”

Obama recalled missing his father’s presence as a child despite the care he received from his mother and grandparents, and the resulting resolve to be a strong father to his daughters.

I haven’t always succeeded, of course. In the past, my job has kept me away from home more often than I liked,” Obama said, “and the burden of raising two young girls would sometimes fall too heavily on Michelle.”

The president relayed some of the more important lessons he’s learned about fatherhood and what he believes children need the most from parents, such as quality time and structure. Self-discipline and responsibility are qualities his daughters Malia and Sasha have continued to learn, the president said.

Read more at source

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...