With Paula Deen, It's Not Really About The Pie

I love Paula Deen. She is so down to earth and her cooking is something that I would try. She has not shied away from away from making some of our best foods that comfort us.

When I heard Paula Deen was coming to town, the image that leaped to mind was a fried cheesecake, deep-fried. She actually makes this!

At a time when it's trendy to take things out of food (think: gluten-free, sodium-free, fat-free), Paula Deen unapologetically puts it all back in. She loves all that stuff we're told to eat less of: butter, mayonnaise, sour cream. Did I say butter?

So I wanted to go see what makes her fans so enthusiastic. They wait in line to see her live, even though she's all over the Food Network. At the Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show in Washington earlier this month, I met lots of them.

"She's awesome," Linda Fortanata told me while waiting for a good seat. "She cooks everyday food I can relate to!"

Read more at source

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...