Phil Collins retiring from music

Fans of Phil Collins may be begging for just "One More Night" now that the singing legend has announced that he's ready to retire from music.

In a new interview with FHM magazine, Collins, who has sold more than 150 million records in his 40-plus years in the music business, says hearing problems, a dislocated vertebra and nerve damage in his hands are making it difficult for him to continue his career.

The Genesis singer adds that he now feels like an outsider in the industry.


"I look at the MTV Music Awards and I think: 'I can't be in the same business as this'," the "In the Air Tonight" singer tells FHM. "I don't really belong to that world and I don't think anyone's going to miss me. I'm much happier just to write myself out of the script entirely."

The nerve damage in Collins' hands have made it nearly impossible for him to hold drumsticks, but he is more concerned about not being able to play dad to his sons Nicholas and Matthew.

"I'm not worried about not being able to play the drums again, I'm more worried about being able to cut a loaf of bread safely or building things for my kids," he says. "My doctors tell me it's a work in progress, that it will take about a year for me to recover."

But, he says of the drums, "I don't think I'll ever be able to do that again."

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...