If you want a job, hand over your facebook Login. Are you ok with that?

The American Civil Liberties Union has taken up the cause of a Maryland man who was forced to cough up his Facebook password during a job interview with the Department of Corrections in that state.

According to an ACLU letter sent to the Maryland Department of Corrections, the organization requires that new applicants and those applying for recertifications give the government "their social media account usernames and personal passwords for use in employee background checks."

The ACLU calls this policy "a frightening and illegal invasion of privacy" and I can't say that I disagree. Keep in mind that this isn't looking at what you've posted to a public Twitter account; the government agency here could look through private Facebook messages, which seems a lot like reading through your mail, paper or digital.






get full details here

What are we coming to now-a-days?  Leave you comments.  Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

QueenD.I.V.A said...

I believe it is very irrational to think that you have the liberty so someones login to any social site/email etc. That is crossing the line as far as I am concern and I would of just rather closed my site vs coughing up my info. A login means they can go in and see personal emails and stuff. They doing TOO MUCH!!!

Proper4ever said...

I think it's an invasion of privacy. I don't see how my private life determines if I get a job or not, as long as I'm not committing a crime. I used to think Facebook(FB)was great tool for networking and reuniting people. However, it's starting to look more like a curse. Bill collectors use FB more than they do their own skip tracing software, nowadays. Makes me wanna go inconito!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...